- how eBook adoption is growing fast globally
- how ebooks could and are being consumed via multiple screen sizes and devices (i.e. PC, laptops, tablets and smartphones)
- how eBooks and eMagazines could provide opportunities as ancillary channels (and revenues)
- with 3.7M Internet users,
- accompanying market growth in the mobile internet, with the proliferation of tablets, and smartphones rapidly replacing feature phones,
- 185k consumers or ~5% of all Singaporean Internet users, 15 years old and above have purchased eBooks, eMagazines or eNewspapers (source: IDA 2009 Infocomm survey of households).
- An average reader in Singapore will read up to 5 books a year whilst a heavy reader (10% of all readers) will read about 30 books a year.
It is hence with this market momentum that I have finally achieving my life-long ambition in being part of the launch of a book store, albeit an eBookstore here in Singapore (with my current employment in SingTel). Have a look at the introduction video below on skoob at http://www.skoob.com.sg/ , probably Singapore's 1st eBookstore!
Look forward to hear your feedback.
Til later, Nelson Wee
Connect with me on Twitter @nelsonwee
1. Why Cell Phones will Dominate the E-Book Market in China?
2. My slideshare presentation on "How Digital Publishing Can Expand Ancillary Channels"