There were 3 sessions in day 2. The third session "How a Chicago Pizza Franchise used Social Media to create Raving customers" was conducted with great passion by Ramon De Leon, well-known as the Pizza Guy to know in Chicago. Ramon's session was jam-packed with many cool ideas - some of which I captured from my tweets to this post.
Ramon remains committed to deliver his pizzas to his customers using both social media as well as on-ground events:
1. Online ordering in 1998.
2. AOL Instant Messenger in 2004.
3. Campus Outreach to Facebook Fan base from 2005 onwards.
- RT @marismith: "How do you get the retweet effect on Facebook?" @Ramon_DeLeon reaches out to Group/Page Admins. #smss10
4. Twitter with innovative hashtags
- #RamonWow for strong association
RT @MariSmith: Too fun!!! @Ramon_DeLeon has his own Twitter hashtag #ramonWOW http://bit.ly/9GLazt #smss10 (such a great idea!)
5. Twitter Photo Sharing
- Very personal sharing approach using TweetPhotos and getting customers to want photos and share them by @Ramon_DeLeon #smss10
6. Twitter IDs are conversational pieces
- RT @jaythedesignguy: Put your twitter IDs out there for people to see! Cards, billboards, cars! BE FOUND! @Ramon_DeLeon #smss10
- Promoting customers with a TwitterWall (distribute in pizza boxes) -> Neat Customer Intimacy & Engagement by @Ramon_LeDoan #smss10
My takeaways from Ramon when interacting with customers:
1. Be sincere in apologies to customers and you win them back
- his http://www.viddler.com/explore/dpzramon/videos/19/ has had more than 126,000 impressions
2. Always be ready to post and share content
- Ramon sent a video thanks from UK to a customer who was tweeting happily about his Domino
- @RamonDeLeon Video Tools -> Flip Camera, Nokia N97 (5MP Camera, settings)
3. Stay focused and always engaged with your customers (potentials included)
- Monitter.com (looks like tweetdeck) is a great tool to monitor local (zip) topical (#hashtag) conversations says @Ramon_DeLeon #smss10
- Guest Pizza Maker Night Tweetup where a customer tweeted her request to learn to make pizzas - drew further conversations and engagements.
- Great tip->@Ramon_DeLeon to local businesses - set up your own location on FourSquare & see whos checking in & contact them! @kerifj
Ramon's mantra is to be the pizza guy from Chicago who always delivers his pizzas to his customers. And certainly, @Ramon_Deleon is redefining the Social Marketing Wow every min of this session => WOW! #smss10
There were much ground covered by Ramon in his presentation and I really look forward to you #smss10 participants out there could help me out in adding on to the comments.
Added to this post are related posts on Day 1 and Day 2 of #smss10 for your reference.
Till the next time,
1. #SMSS10 Day 1 Twitter: What is this crap? by Maeve Donohue
2. #SMSS10 Day 1 Kicking off Social Media Success Summit 2010 with Guy Kawasaki by Janet Barclay
3. #SMSS10 Day 1 Wrapup: Social Media Success Summit 2010 (#SMSS10)by Randy Duermyer
4. #SMSS10 DAY 1: Guy Kawasaki on making the most of Twitter
5. #SMSS10 Day 2 Wrapup: Social Media Success Summit 2010 (#SMSS10) by Randy Duermyer
6. #SMSS10 Day 2 Social Media Success Summit: Mari Smith on spiffing up your Facebook presence by Emily Molitor
7. #SMSS10 DAY 2: Defining and measuring Social Media success with Jason Falls
8. New Viral Marketing Program: Domino’s Social Media Campaign Offers Free Food to “Pizza Holdouts”
9. NEW! 5 tips from Domino’s Ramon De Leon on how to engage in online conversations about your brand