- 1 in 6 Americans use an e-reader and will likely get an e-reader in the next 6 months.
- Users of e-readers will more likely both read more and buy more books than non e-reader users.
- 16% of non e-reader users read 11 to 20 books a year, compared with 32% of e-reader users
- 10% of non-e-reader users buy 11-20 books in the past year as compared with 17% of e-reader users.
- Most popular genres for fiction comprise Mystery, thriller and crime.
- Most popular genres for non-fiction comprise biographies, , history and religious/spirituality.
- 79% of Echo Boomers (18 - 34 years) read fiction whilst 68% read non-fiction in the past year.
- 73% of Gen X (35 - 46 years) read fiction whilst 82% read non-fiction in the past year.
a) how many print books do you read in a year?
b) how many print books do you buy in a year?
c) do you read ebooks with your smartphone, tablet or PC? And if so, how many do you read and buy in a year?
I look forward to hear your views.
connect with me on Twitter @nelsonwee